Pierre de Ronsard Secondary School
Contracting party: Loir-et-Cher General Council
Redevelopment and extension of a secondary school for 500 students.
5,021 M2 / COST OF WORKS: € 5.4 M / DELIVERY: 2012
The redevelopment of the school is a pretext for various major objectives, namely:
- An urban response in terms of image and relations with the environment
- Coherence of the buildings with regard to existing buildings
- The site’s landscaping
- The institutional image of this public building. The contracting party wishes to offer a special aspect for the establishment’s new entrance. Access from Rue Pierre de Ronsard will feature an inner court leading users directly to the entrance hall. This hall is a strategic feature as it connects the administration building, the accommodation blocks and the school premises.
- Energy efficient building
- Exterior insulation
- Thick façades to the south (shade)
- Production of solar hot water
- Flow control with punctured underground basins